The Director, Technical Support will provide world-class technical support to Media Links’ customers in the Americas. The individual in this position will be a key member of the management team, leading the Company’s technical support efforts in the resolution and management of both hardware and software issues, operating from both within the headquarters office as well as occasionally at customer locations in the field. This is a “hands on” position, involving communication with customers and resolution of technical problems as well as leading and supervising a small but highly-competent support team.
- Minimum of five years experience in the installation, testing, configuration and service of video transport over IP technology and/or advanced Ethernet / Layer 2 & Layer 3 switch network hardware and software, preferably in Broadcast, Cable, Telecom, communications or computer network industry.
- Minimum of five years experience in configuration, test and problem resolution of advanced IP networks, including routers, switches and related technology.
- Current industry or manufacturer certifications (Arista, Cisco, Juniper, etc.) preferred.
- Fluency with installation, configuration and troubleshooting of object-level firmware, application software, operating systems, etc.
- Supervisory or management experience in a position that is directly involved in customer technical support
- Highly experienced with network, video and data test and analysis software and equipment
- Exceptional customer-facing skills and personality
The position is based in Media Links’ Windsor, CT office (Hartford area).