Now supporting 4K Video transport, the MDP3020 MAX™ is the goto compact half-1RU IP Gateway with agile workflow at its heart. The flexible modular design lets you respond to your day-to-day application needs with your choice of JPEG-XS, JPEG2000, or Uncompressed Video, Audio and Data transport … and all from the same flexible edge device.
With its tiny form-factor and agile deployments, the ‘MAX’ offers a host of new capabilities for Remote/Decentralized production applications from just about any location! Stack them, rack them in any combination and deliver a modular feature set matched to each location’s day to day application.
Optical, Electrical or SFN editions (switchable via field upgrade packs)
Compatible with MD8000 platform and Media Links 100G Eco-system
- Standards based (including 2022-2/6/7, TR-01/07)
- Multiple video, audio, and data services
- Support for 4K/3G/HD/SD-SDI, and DVB-ASI video with JPEG-XS, JPEG2000 or uncompressed processing (Depending on configuration)
- Up to two 10GbE/1GbE data ports
- Two 10GbE / 1GbE optical trunk interfaces
- On board provisioning interface
- Integral Frame Synchronizer
- 1RU, Half-rack width; 2 units per standard 19” rack width
- 215 mm (W) x 42 mm (H) x 300 mm (D) / 8.46” (W) x 1.65” (H) x 11.81” (D)
- 2.7Kg / 5.95lbs
- Power Consumption 108VA or less
- Supports dual power supplies for redundancy
Overview of MDP3020 MAX IP Media Gateway
The Media Links MDP3020 is an advanced, high quality standalone IP media gateway for the network edge, focused on addressing the needs of the broadcast media market.
With insatiable demand for live content from all types of environments, the need for a portable, network protected, remotely configurable and cost effective edge device is enormous. The MDP3020 can process ever-increasing amounts of media information over IP networks, existing broadcast networks, as well as point-to-point fiber networks. Further, the MDP3020 is designed primarily for smaller scale remote production, MD8000 edge, TV distribution, and local point-to-point applications where economical IP media transport/conversion is required.
The device can be used in various configurations, either separately or in combination due to its multichannel capability:
• For Contribution applications, as an IP media gateway (encoder)
• For Distribution applications, as a remote video playout device (decoder)
• For Point-to-Point local video and distribution applications, when used in pairs (encoder to decoder)
• For IP distribution of digital television broadcast signals
Configuration Packs for the MDP3020 MAX IP Media Gateway (sold separately)
Applications for the MDP3020 MAX IP Media Gateway
- Local access Point to Point
- Contribution Quality Broadcast Feeds
- Low cost network Edge Device applications
- Remote Production
- Prime distribution networks for TV content
- Intra-studio TV exchange networks