Did you know that more video content is moved in a year over networks that use Media Links equipment than all other media content networks combined? That’s because Media Links has a well-deserved reputation for high-quality, ultra-reliable networks that can efficiently transport content for the most critical, high-profile applications.
Media Links solutions have been used to build some of the world’s largest video and media transport networks, including major installations in the USA, Europe, Japan, and Australia. For example, Media Links is providing the core media networking technology for Telstra’s next generation digital video network (DVN2) for broadcasting. Telstra is the leading telecommunications and information services company in Australia.
IP-based technology from Media Links has been the backbone of soccer World Cups, winter and summer Olympic events, major US American Football events, Asian Games, and many other high profile global sporting events since 2002. In each case, the Media Links solutions have been used by major broadcasters to transport broadcast signals from these events to destinations around the globe.
- Moving the complete suite of media signals over multi-service IP networks
- Standards-based product line-up
- Multiple form-factors and interface choices to support any application
- Emmy® Award winning engineering
- Proven 100% quality of service
The Media Links Vision
Media Links was founded with the vision of developing innovative and superior technology to enable and enhance the viewer experience throughout a connected world of video. To realize this vision, we have developed groundbreaking technology to facilitate the movement of all types of media content across IP networks.
Our mission is to offer our customers intelligent solutions developed with ingenious technology tailored to their present and future needs. We are truly revolutionizing the way media content is being transported.
Delivering Benefits of IP Networking to Broadcasters Today
Media Links continues to deliver groundbreaking products that help broadcasters realize the benefits of IP networking, including lower cost bandwidth and dramatically greater flexibility. Operating as a pioneer at the forefront of technological innovations and advancements, Media Links provides a broad range of standards-based products that allow telecom networks to efficiently and reliably transport live and pre-recorded signals for any type of broadcast application.
Economically convert and move the complete range of broadcast video, audio and data signals over a multi-service IP network
- Transport live content from sports venues and other sources to production and broadcast facilities around the globe
- Deliver completed content and real-time streams to distribution outlets
- Transfer large and small content files over IP backbones
- Use bi-directional video, audio and data links to enable remote live productions
- Remotely produce multiple sports events from a central control room
- Exchange content seamlessly between locations using point-to-point and multi-point connections
- Interconnect corporate data, media signals and telecom links over a consolidated WAN IP backbone
- Distribute content over IP from centralized broadcast facilities
- Integrate with third party software platforms, such as OSS, Resource Scheduling, Business Intelligence
Media Links provides a robust platform of technology hardware and software solutions for content and media delivery over IP. We offer:
- Technologies that support total convergence of telecom and broadcast infrastructures
- Comprehensive support for current and future media and data formats used on production and broadcasting
- Proven 100% quality of service (QoS)
- Hitless switching technology for ultimate reliability
- Future-proof IP-encapsulation technology
- Robust, scalable and flexible modular architecture supports superb video quality and reliability
- Seamless migration path for upgrades from SD/HD/3G-SDI to 4K and beyond
- Efficient use of available network bandwidth and rack space
- Support and professional services team available throughout project and product lifecycles
Emmy® Award Winning
“To receive this award is a great honor for us, and we are thrilled to have been recognized by our peers and the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for technical leadership in the media industry.
This recognition validates our pioneering work in JPEG2000 standardization for developing best in class video over IP transport solutions. We would also like to congratulate our fellow award recipients on their remarkable achievements.”
In 2014, The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS) honored Media Links with a Technical & Engineering Emmy® Award for excellence in engineering creativity, innovation and vision. Media Links received an Emmy® Award for Standardization and Productization of JPEG2000 (J2K) Interoperability.
J2K video compression offers broadcasters and network service providers a method to transport high quality contribution video with extremely high video quality and minimal latency over IP/Ethernet networks.
Through the work of the Video Services Forum (VSF) and manufacturers such as Media Links, widespread adoption of its JPEG2000 technical recommendation is allowing an interoperable method of formatting JPEG2000 streams for transmission over IP. With the adoption of this technical recommendation, signals can be handed off between carriers utilizing different encoding and decoding equipment, while maintaining interoperability.
This technical recommendation allows for real-time streaming, as well as encapsulated audio and ancillary data over IP. Other advantages of interoperable J2K include virtually lossless compression, low latency, low end-to-end delay, and error handling providing very robust delivery of all types of content.