Thank you for your interest in joining Media Links. Our Emmy® Award winning team has earned the respect of our industry as early leaders in driving technological change and standardization for the transport of media over IP. Many of the advanced features most common in today’s transport technology were pioneered by Media Links.
We take pride in our customer-driven global company culture and are very proud to encourage and support a multi-cultural environment in all of our offices around the world. As a company, we have grown by our achievements in designing, building, and delivering exceptional technology solutions, software, and professional services. Our success comes from our exceptional employees’ individual contributions and teamwork.
We invite you submit your resume or CV to our human resource teams.
For opportunities in Japan, please email your resume or CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For opportunities in the Americas, please email your resume to: email@example.com
For opportunities in Australia, rest of Oceania, South Asia, and Southeast Asia, please email your resume or C.V. to:
For opportunities in EMEA, please email your resume or C.V. to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Global Release Program Test Engineer will be responsible for the evaluation and testing of specific new products and software based on the Media Links annual release program and schedule. The Engineer may also work on the recreation and resolution efforts associated with specific Customer Trouble Reports (CTRs). The individual in this position will be a key member of the Global Release Test Team which will be engaged in the development and review of new product technical and software specifications and the creation and execution of test plans for both new products and CTRs. The individual will be responsible for creating specific test plans, performing test activities and writing test reports based on the annual release schedule and assigned CTRs. The Engineer will be expected to become competent on all Media Links’ transport products over time and may participate in other related support activities.
Essential Job Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
To include, but not limited to:
a) Prepare new product and software test plans to effectively test new and existing features.
b) Set up and configure test setups, fixtures, and instrumentation as required by the test plans and or test standards.
c) Operate a variety of computer automated and manual test equipment.
d) Perform tests to verify system functionality and to ensure conformity of product specifications to quality standards.
e) Perform detailed product functionality tests to exercise all parameters and all settings for Video and Ethernet services.
f) Review software screens and software operation for functionality and usability.
g) Prepare and maintain records of performance specifications, programs tested, testing methods used, and results.
h) Ensure the accuracy and consistency of data results through thorough and accurate documentation process.
i) Write test reports and applications notes.
j) Interface with Project Manager, Test Team and Software Development Team members for follow-up and to ensure prompt attention and resolution of problems identified during testing.
k) Provide equipment and software evaluation to Project Manager and Test Team including execution of test plans, test procedures and recording of results.
l) Other tasks as directed by management.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in a technical discipline, preferably in networking or computer science.
- Experience in a related testing position within a UNIX, MS Windows, and network environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the noted knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Experience / Minimum Qualifications Needed
- Minimum of three years experience in the testing, configuration and service of advanced Ethernet / Layer 2 & Layer 3 switch network hardware and software, preferably in Broadcast Television, Cable Television, Telecom, or Communications industry.
- Experience with advanced IP networks and video transport over IP is preferred.
- Fluency with installation, configuration and troubleshooting of object-level firmware, application software, and operating systems, is preferred.
- Must possess a general knowledge of, and the ability to practically apply, basic principles and techniques involved with developing system test plans, generating test scenarios, configuring/programming testing systems, and conducting performance tests on computer systems.
- Must possess the ability to determine system testing requirements and methods; analyze system test results; identify suboptimal performance; make system re-design/modification recommendations; and communicate/follow-up with systems personnel.
- Highly experienced with network and data test and analysis software and equipment.
- Highly literate with standard pc software tools: Word, Excel, PPT & Visio
- Must possess excellent technical writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with technical programming and systems personnel.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Self-management capabilities- ability to work on own with minimal supervision.
- Teamwork: Effective participation in high performance teams.
- Communication: Direct and concise. Keeps people informed. Listens effectively to others
- Initiative/Results Driven: Originates action. Finds ways to get things done. Interacts with peers in other organizations to remove obstacles to success.
- Quality: Promotes continuous improvement. Effectively utilizes data.
- Customer Responsiveness: Responds exceptionally well to internal or external customer needs. Tries to anticipate customer needs and takes actions to satisfy them.
- Strategic Thinking: Sees broader implication, manages particular events in context of the big picture.
- Strong situation analysis capabilities- working under pressure, determines most effective and timely path to resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to break down complex problems.
- Systematically identifies causes and ability to chart course of action.
- Highly organized.
- Flexibility: Ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations and priorities.
- Problem Solving: Ability to identify, analyze and chart course of action for problem resolution
This position is based in Media Links’ United States headquarters in Windsor, CT in the Hartford metro area. After-hours communications can be accomplished remotely from home. This position may require occasional travel throughout the United States and possibly occasional trips outside the US.