Media Global Links, a 2014 Technology and Engineering Emmy® Award winner and the market leader in media over IP transport solutions, will highlight its latest innovations for delivering content over broadcast IP networks at InterBEE 2016, stand 5115.
On display will be a live technology demonstration of an IP Media Routing System that allows simultaneous switching of SMPTE 2022-6 uncompressed video, SMPTE2022-2 compressed video and TCP/IP data traffic over a single network environment, providing broadcasters and media organizations the ability to gracefully transition from SDI to IP infrastructures.
As part of its broad IP transport & switching product portfolio, which effectively eliminates the divide between LAN and WAN media networks, all Media Links’ IP solutions focus on “Broadcast without Limits,” a concept and commitment to the industry that delivers on the universal need for proven standards-based technologies to carry all content, whether it be video, audio or data, across seamless broadcast IP networks both globally and locally. For Media Links this represents the next step in a proven 20 year history of supplying standards-based IP products that allow broadcast, telecom, cable and service provider networks to transport live and pre-recorded signals for any type of media application.
In demonstrating its IP Media Routing System technology, several Media Links products will be showcased that together deliver a solution providing operational performance and control similar to conventional SDI cross-point routing with the enhancements of clean and rapid IP switching, bandwidth management, and full SMPTE 2059(PTP-Timed) compliance. These products include:
- MDX 4090 IP Media Switch/Router – a purpose-built high performance hardware-based device offering low latency, guaranteed QoS (quality of service) and high availability. Four slot modular design allows expansion from 24, 48 or 72 ports to a full 96 port capacity. Ports speeds of 1, 10, and 40 Gigabit per second are supported.
- MD8600 IP Gateway – serves as an ultra-low latency media converter to/from SDI and IP, designed to support all broadcast formats up to 4K resolutions.
- MDP 3000 Series – low cost versatile edge device configured as a JPEG 2000 Decoder in this application for high quality reception and monitoring of video/audio transport streams over IP-based networks.
- NetGazer® Network Management System – designed to provide comprehensive end-to-end network control, management and monitoring system for both in-studio as well as wide area media networks.
Media Link’s flagship solution for 4K/3G/HD/SD-SDI and DVB-ASI video services over IP networks, the MD8000 series will also be on display at InterBEE 2016. The MD8000 addresses the need for broadcasters and carriers to connect directly to native IP networks for media over IP content transport.
For the specific application of Cable TV transmission in Japan, several additional MD8000 enhancements will be demonstrated that improve the reliability, quality and efficiency of media signals traversing Japanese cable network infrastructures. These include:
- 4K video transport over both 1G or 10Gbps trunk interfaces
- BS-IF line card offering improved reliability through the use of a “site diversity system” utilizing Networked Antenna Switching (NAS)
- OFDM line card capable of high quality RF re-transmission using a multipath interference canceler
- QAM line card with NIT conversion for Head-End facility sharing
The International Broadcast Equipment Exhibition (InterBEE) is a three day event being held from November 16th-18th 2016 at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba, Japan, just outside of Tokyo. This event is the largest audio, video and communications exhibition in Japan, offering a forum and showcase for advanced broadcast equipment technologies. InterBEE draws thousands of attendees from around the globe in the Media, Advertising and Telecom industries.
Media Global Links will be at InterBEE 2016, stand 5115.